Working With A Real Estate Agent
A good Realtor® can show you more suitable properties, offer valuable advice, and coach you through the entire home and land buying process.
Do You Really Need To Use a Realtor®
You can search for property or houses for yourself, but finding the perfect land or house is much easier and faster. Many buyers spend endless hours searching through ads, driving around town and viewing property that doesn’t meet their needs.
Some people think that if they have several agents looking for homes on their behalf they’ll find a house more quickly. Like most relationships, the buyer-agent relationship thrives on communication, loyalty and trust. By working exclusively with one agent, you’ll improve both the process and the results.
Why waste your valuable time when a great Realtor® is just a click away.
Some Helpful Hints on Finding and Working with a Realtor®
- Ask friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers for referrals
- Trust your intuition
- Share with your sales associate as much as possible about your lifestyle, tastes, needs and dreams for your home or property.
- Focus your search on a few geographic areas.
- Ask them important questions:
– How well do you know the area that interests me? An agent who knows the area or neighborhood you are interested in is extremely beneficial to you.- How many other buyers and sellers do you currently represent? You want an agent who will give personalized attention, answer your calls quickly and communicate with you often. Keep in mind, many busy experienced agents are the most efficient.- Will you handle all aspects of my transaction or will you delegate some tasks to a sales associate or administrative assistant? If you choose to work with a busy agent, a knowledgeable assistant can be very helpful when you have questions or need immediate attention.
– Will you give me a list of homes you sold in the last 12 months? Contact some clients that have worked with the agent and ask them about their experience. The list should contain addresses, property types, names and sellers or buyers, sale dates and prices. Ask the agent for testimonials from satisfied customers.